Welcome

Welcome to our Hatching eggs and chicks page.

On this blog you will be able to follow our progress with our first incubator (and now our second incubator, as well as few broody birds).

And hopefully see our healthy chicks.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Checked for Fertility

As I have been unable to candle the eggs due to size and shell clour I decided to try float testing them. According to my book if the sink they are infertile, if the bob around then they are fertil.

Well the first 2 sank like rocks, a littl disheartening, the next bobbed. Altogether 7 bobbed 5 sank. I have left them all in the incubator as I want to be sure and not risk throwing out fertile eggs.

Sadly as I was drying one of the eggs, I cracked it. So I have painted nail varnish on, and popped it back in, so fingers crossed.

No comments: